5 double-rib pork chops
1 1/2 c. soft coarse bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. finely diced celery
2 tsp. melted butter
1) Have butcher make a pocket for dressing on inside of each chop with opening between the two bones.
2) Wipe chops with damp cloth.
3) Lightly mix together the crumbs, seasonings, celery, and melted butter, and stuff into chops.
4) Lay in a baking dish or skillet (one with an oven proof handle) and sprinkle with flour.
5) Pour in milk to a depth of about 1/2 inch; do not cover chops with it.
6) Cover and bake in a moderate slow oven (325 degrees) for about 2 hours or until chops are perfectly tender, removing cover for the last half hour.