Bacon And Cheese Potato Salad Recipe
8 medium potatoes
1 tsp. seasoning salt
10 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained, crumbled
8 green onions, sliced
2 C. shredded cheese (cheddar, fontina or any of your fave)
16 oz. sour cream (light works well)
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3/4 C. mayonnaise
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. mustard
1) Boil potatoes until perfectly tender.
2) Drain and allow to cool to warm, it shouldn't be hot enough to melt the cheese.
3) Peel (if desired-- I like to leave the peel on.
4) Cube potatoes and place in a large serving bowl.
5) Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
6) Mix gently.
7) In a separate bowl whisk together the sour cream, pepper, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and mustard.
8) Add bacon, onion, and cheese to the potatoes. Mix gently
9) Stir in the dressing mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.