8 ounces of sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
1 cup boiling water
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons white pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 cups half and half
1/4 cup pepper vodka
1 box penne pasta
1. In a food processor, chop the sundried tomatoes until small pieces.
Pour boiling water over the tomatoes and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Next, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
3. Add the onion and let cook until tender (3 minutes), turn to medium-low heat.
4. Then, add the minced garlic, sundried tomatoes and their water, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.
5. Let cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, until all the water has boiled out.
6. Meanwhile, make the penne according to package directions and drain.
7. After the sundried tomato water has boiled out, transfer the mixture back into the food processor and add the half and half.
8. Puree the mixture for about 2 minutes.
9. Then, add the vodka and return to the skillet.
10. Stir well and let the mixture simmer on low for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. After ten minutes, add the pasta to the skillet, tossing until the pasta is well-combined with the sauce.
Serve immediately. Optional: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, before serving, if desired.