1 pkg potato gnocchi
3 tbs. olive oil
1 cup small button chestnut champignons/button mushroom
1/2 spicy tofu pieces
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1-2 tbs. Italian herbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil for the gnocchi.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan.
3. Check the mushrooms and clean them with a paper towel, but keep them whole unless they are large,
4. Saute the mushrooms, turning gently.
5. Put the gnocchi in the boiling water and cook according to directions, (usually 3 or 4 minutes).
6. Add the tofu pieces to the mushroom,.
7. Drain the gnocchi when they are ready and add them to the mushrooms and tofu pieces.
8. At this point you may want to add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to lightly coat all the ingredients.
9. Season with Italian herbs, (thyme, oregano, basil).
10. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
11. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
12. Just before serving, add the tomatoes and gently stir.
13. Serve warm with a crusty whole grain bread.