1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup chopped andouille sausage (about 6 oz.)
6 sun dried tomatoes (the kind not packed in oil), soaked in water, chopped
10 large eggs
1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes, or to taste
6 ounces spinach, washed and thoroughly dried (about 2 qts.)
1) Heat olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
2) Add onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and stir often until onions are light golden, about 10 minutes.
3) Increase heat to medium-high, add sausage, and stir often until sausage has browned slightly and released some fat, about 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and 3 tbsp. water.
5) Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and chile flakes.
6) Stir until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
7) Add spinach to pan and toss with tongs until it has wilted, about 2 minutes.
8) Transfer sausage-vegetable mixture to a bowl and wipe pan clean.
9) Add eggs to pan and scramble just until set, 4 to 5 minutes, then gently stir in sausage-vegetable mixture.
10) Serve with hot sauce if you like.