Unsweetened baking cocoa
1 box food cake mix
1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup canola oil
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules or crystals
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 container (1 lb) Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
1/2 cup canned dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened
1 box (7 oz) turtle candies
1 jar (12 oz) caramel topping
1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
1) Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray; sprinkle with cocoa.
2) In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and coffee granules with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Pour batter into pans.
3) Bake 30 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to cooling racks; cool completely. Wrap cake layers; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4) In medium bowl, stir frosting and dulce de leche with whisk until well blended; set aside. Cut 6 of the turtle candies in half; set aside. Chop remaining candies.
5) Place 1 cake layer, top side up, on serving plate. Spread with half of the frosting mixture; sprinkle with chopped candies. Place second cake layer, top side up, on candies. Spread remaining frosting mixture on top of cake. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Drizzle caramel topping over top of cake, allowing some to drip down side. Garnish with pecan halves and reserved turtle candies.