* 1/2 lb tilapia fillets
* 1 Tbl olive oil
* salt and pepper
* 1/4 c sour cream
* zest from 1/2 lime
* juice from 1 lime
* several dashes of hot sauce (tabasco)
* corn tortillas
* 1/4 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
* 1/2 c fresh cilantro
* 1/4 red onion, minced
* 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 tomato, chopped
1. Pre-heat broiler with rack in the highest position. Pat fish dry with paper towels and gently brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then broil on a foil-lined baking sheet until fish is browned on the top and the flesh is opaque throughout, 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Place tortillas on another baking sheet and broil until slightly browned, 2-4 minutes on each side.
4. Spoon 1-2 Tbl of sour cream mixture into each tortilla. Add fish, cabbage, cilantro, onion, avacado, and tomato.
February 27, 2012
This was a great fast and easy recipe to make for dinner. This definitely cuts any frying to make this a more diet friendly recipe. Great for casual outdoor dining. You can substitute sour cream for the yogurt and used light mayo and it still tastes great.
July 22, 2010
Fish Taco is one of my fave food. Thanks for sharing this recipe!