1 large onion, finely diced
3 medium sized carrots,chopped into rounds
1 pc of ginger root 2"long,finely chopped
1 vegetable stock cube
1/2 pint of semi-skimmed milk
100ml single cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons creme fraiche (optional)
1) Heat the butter and olive oil in a
heavy bottomed pan.
2) Add the finely diced onion and cook
over a low heat until soft and lightly
3) Add the carrot and ginger root to the
4) Cover the pan and sweat the vegetables
over a low heat for 15 minutes.
5) Dissolve the stock cube in 1 pint of
boiling water and add to the
6) Simmer the soup mixture for a further
7) Add the milk and cream and heat through
for another 5 minutes.(Take care not to
let the milk come to the boil.)
8) Using a hand blender, puree the soup
mixture until very smooth.
9) Pour into two bowls, add a teaspoon
of creme fraiche to each bowl
10)Garnish with a good grind of black
11)Serve piping hot with tasty buttered
February 18, 2012
Hot and creamy is just perfect for these cold nights....'will cook it again...
January 21, 2011
I just this soup after long hours of writing, hope you'd drop by and give it a try! :)